As John mentioned, you keep your equipment gold, and credits when you
restart.  However, you also get back practices you bought with credits
as a 'bonus' when you restart, so instead of starting with the
standard 16 or whatever practices, you'd start with 36 if you had
bought 20 practices with credits.  There's a little more information
on it under 'help restart'.

-dentin

Alter Aeon MUD
http://www.alteraeon.com