Hi,
While I recognise a need for simplicity with your project I wonder if it
would be possible to put in a few conditional operators such as if,
then, else.
I've often noticed many game scripts for scripting missions or game
expantions don't allow for enough flexability when conditions are
required and it winds up not making the expantion what it could be.
For example I will use Lonewolf as my lab experiment here. Lonewolf
comes with a mission parcer which takes a text file of instructions and
parces them in to a bin file compatible with the game engine.
Most of the time this is good enough for most users, but I have often
thought about what it would be like if I had some opertunity to change
conditions.
For example, take a mission with two targets. If this and this target is
alive this ship and this ship guards target one and this and this ship
guards target two. If target one is destroyed and target two is alive
move these ships to target two. If target two is destroyed and target
one is alive move these ships to target one.
In the above example suddenly the mission becomes more difficult as
certain enemies that might otherwise be several miles away are now moved
in to place to lend fire support for your second target.
Ok, well with your audio text adventure games you might need if
conditions on some game items such as keys, magic items, or other
similar items where you have to unlock something, or it has certain
limitations.