Hi Justin.

I don't know about the american legal question, but actually I don't think the situation is quite that dire. There are increasingly a lot of indi developers working on audiogames or accessible text games, and with the rising indi market this is something that will only increase. Generally speaking I've found that if you can actually talk to a game's developer, the actual person with the ideas who sits down and rights the nuts and bolts code, changes do happen, since at rock bottom developers want people playing their games and are generally happy to make changes so that vi gamers can.

So, while I don't think steam will be accessible any time soon, I do see more accessible releases from indi developers in stand alone packages for Ios and windows, and more developers including access in the future.

All the best,