Hi Dark,
A while back I began working on a Windows based screen reader core
mainly for myself. I am tired of paying the big bucks for Jaws or Window
eyes, Hal, etc when I could probably make something myself that would be
both functional, low cost, and have the features I want.
I honestly haven't gotten very far yet as I have been far too busy with
everything else that has been going on around here. Although, after I
finish with Monty and Raceway I plan to take to that project with a
vengence if I can.
I hope Window Eyes 6.1 will be the last version of a commercial screen
reader I'll have to upgrade to and with in a year or two I will have
something almost equal to it as far as getting the job done.
I'll likely start by supporting applications I use daily Firefox,
Internet Explorer, Outlook, Thunderbird, Word, Notepad, you name it.
After that assuming it is stable enough for others to get involved with
I may expand the screen reader to support other third party software
based on recommendations from any fans that might want to use it.
Anyway, that is my plan. Who knows what the future will bring, but I
certainly want to take a crack at my own screen reader.