Hi Charles,
Right. The original game of Monty was about timing and memorisation of
finding things. Might hurt replay value in the end, but that's just the
way the games were back then.
There is however areas randomness can be used like random health damage,
random health restores, how long an amulit lasts, etc.
I have yet to add the amulits to the game, but those magic items gives
you temperary invincibility to monsters. Amulates can be randomly set to
give some randomness in the game.