Hi Chris,
Thanks. Well, it won't effect Monty other than there will be two
engines. One to support the older .Net based games and one in C++ to
support any new games. I don't know which I am going with yet, but I am
just looking at peoples suggestions, thoughts, and how many will be
effected with me using .Net. I know the install is quite painful for
some users seeing as you have to install .Net, DirectX, and then your
game. That just makes things down right rough.
I personally would like to see something much more simple to get up and
running, bu that does cost in research and development time.
C++ isn't the only alternative here. There is Java and Python as
alternatives as well, but i didn't throw those in the mix. Java is not
good for those with screen readers that don't support the access
bridge,and Python is nice, but I'd have to code my own wrappers for the
Windows API to get the functionality I'd like out of the language.