Hiya,
    I've recently got my hands on FS 2002, and I really enjoy it thus far.
I've been taught the rudaments of how to fly, plan routes, etc.
    I do have one persistent problem, though.  I'm not quite sure how to handle
air traffic control.  I've read the manual, but don't know for sure how I can
access the ATC menu, which is apparently a transparent window, whatever that
means.  As a result, I can't ask for takeoff clearance, and if I take off
without it the controller tends to get a bit miffed.  I know that the menu
changes dynamically and such, but I'm just not sure how to know which buttons
do what.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Zack.