Hi Jim,
The Tom voice happens to be one of the Scansoft voices that ships with
Jaws 8.0. It is quite good in comparison to most TTS voices, and I
personally think it is better than AT&T Mike and Crystal.
If you are ever interested to know what it sounds like drop me a line,
and I will record a short sample to let you hear it.
<Smile>