Hi thom
Beta6 is wonderful, the limitation of 4 swords and  potions  adds more
challenge to the game.
I have came across some bugs.
1.  it happens that 2 torches is used after each other. I went into a dark
room, there was a spider and gems or keys, and when I went out of that room
the torch went dead and the next one immediately lights up.
2.   it once happened to me that I was unable to get through the red door on
level2.
3.  I personally think one should be able to jump up a  burning rope, one
should rather loose health than being killed instantly. Reason for me saying
so is: it once happened to me that I had 4 swords, so there was one sword I
couldn't grab so I jumped down a rope and I was in a room with snakes and I
used a  sword and I wanted to jump up the rope again to grab that sowrd I
couldn't grab before, but then I was killed.
4.  next I want to ask a strategy question. How is one supposed to navigate
in monte? Is it important to move in both sides of a room or is it all right
to  only  move in the direction where one hears a key or potion? Say for
instance I'm in the beginning of the level and I hear a potion to my right,
is it  all right to go in that direction or do I have to move to my left
until I get a wall to make sure that I haven't missed anything.
Next I want to comment on some of the things in the  change log.
Removed auto save game feature from code.
What does this mean? Are you taking away the ability for registered users
to save a game? We will need to save a game if we have to go and do
something important, go to bed etc.
Limited swords and potions  to a maximum of 4 at any time.
This works great.
Moved gems from room 17 to room 18 on level 2.
Moved skull from room 17 to room 18 on level 2.
Why these changes? It never presented a problem in  previous betas if the
skulls and gems were in room17, the game works fine now, I'm just curious as
to why you made these changes.
Replaced mono dirt step sounds with stereo dirt step sounds.
It still sounds like mono dirt step sounds to me. I'm understanding sterio
as left right, in other words if the dirt steps were sterio  the first step
panama gives I will hear in my left and the next step he gives in my right,
etc. but the step sound is in the middle of the sound field.
300 points times difficulty.
Does this mean that easy is 1, medium is 2, hard is 3 and insane is 4?
So in other words if I'm playing on medium is it 300 times 2?
Restored original sword attack sound.
Thanks, I like this change.
Renamed healing potions to magic potions.
Yeh, magic potions is a more realistic name.
Added 20 seconds of  invincibility from monsters
when a magic potion is drankk.
Instead of 20 seconds invincibility it only protects me from a monster in
the current room. If I go to the next room before the 20 seconds ran out I
get injured as if I haven't drank a potion.
Updated spider movement effects.
Yeh, this works great! I can hear the spider further away.
Removed JumpUp() from player controls.
Why? Isn't it sometimes necessary to jump up?
Added PauseGame() function.
Will it also pause the game if I view the map?
What makes the pause function actually different?
I noticed when unpausing the game sappi says: unpouzed.
The sound that I hear if I pause the game sounds the same as the pause sound
in dark destroyer.
The comments I made about the pause function is not complaints, its just
interesting to mention this.
Added announcement to AnnounceObjects() that alerts the player there are no
objects in the room.
Yeh, this works great.
Added AnnounceMonsters() and added it to the m key
Yeh, this works great.