Hi Lisa,
Actually, I think an accessible speak N Spell game is a good idea. It is
a pretty easy thing to make so I probably wouldn't even charge for that
kind of game. Basically, all it does is checks through a dictionary word
list at random and tests if the word you typed matches the one it
selected. Every programmer does something similar when learning to
program. String matching, word matching, is one of those fundimental
skills a programmer picks up pretty early on in education.
As it happens after I am done with Montezuma's Revenge I am going to
take some time doing research for multiplatform games so I can support
Mac and Linux based computers as well as Windows. Something like Speak N
Spell would make a nice simple game to try out and test on multiple
computers running different operating systems with little time to put it
together.