What I did was create a folder called "Local Programs" in my user home
folder area. For example, my username is "Raul" So, my home directory is
c:\Users\Raul. So, the local programs is as follows "c:\Users\Raul\Local
Programs" and that is where I install non-Vista games like those which
use the GMA game engine. It just works too. I don't have to run it as an
admin, nor do I have to turn off UAC.

Raul A. Gallegos -- http://www.asmodean.net