You can subscribe to Yahoo with an email address, too. You just can't
start your own group there without an account. Same with Google. And
I decided forever ago I didn't like that little tidbit they stuck in
their terms of service that pretty much says anything and everything
that passes through their servers, they can claim official ownership to.