I've been thinking this over a bit, but I'm still not decided. There are
several things on my mind here, so keep reading if you are interested.

On one hand, I can see how members of this list can stick together for
discussing off-topic questions which are not game related, yet the
familiarity of each member is there for general chit-chat. However, the
other thing I'm seeing is why would I want to contribute to the
thousands of lists which are already out there for general chat, audio
configuration, blindness positive thinking, ETC. Personally I do not
want to moderate another list, so if I did create one on audyssey.org, I
would just be the admin and not the moderator. Furthermore, if I add
another list on audyssey, due to the current list restrictions set in
the hosting package we are using, there would be a limit of how many
people could subscribe and there may be a limit of how many posts per
day which could be sent. I personally do not care for GoogleGroups or
YahooGroups either, but it's starting to seem like that is my only
reason why I would add another list.

The other thing of course is for audyssey.org to move to another web
host who has additional list support, but this could mean an increase in
cost for me. As you all may or may not know, I'm the one paying for the
audyssey.org hosting bill as well as the mailing list as well as the
domain. I am certainly not complaining and have done this willingly,
however, to date, I've only received a very small amount of donated
money to help off-set the cost. I'm not saying that I'm using this list
request as an excuse to get more money, but to be perfectly blunt here,
if gamers want an extra list without restrictions, and don't want to use
the fugly googlegroups or yahoogroups, then helping to off-set extra
costs would be a great way to do this. Even thinking of the numbers like
this, If each Audyssey member donated just $5 per year. That is the cost
of a meal at McDonald's, heck, now-a-days, after taxes, you usually pay
more. But in any case, just $5 from each member would more than pay for
a better hosting plan and would help to register the domain for a lot
longer.

Just food for thought.

--
Raul A. Gallegos .. http://www.asmodean.net