Hi Raul,
I've had similar thoughts as you have had. I have both the bandwidth and
the space to add another list, but I question weather we really need a
list for general chit chat. I guess given the number of users that have
general computer tech questions that wouldn't hurt if I added a general
techy list. Though, I'd need to get some moderators to over see the day
to day management of it.
Over the course of the month I have seen questions about Linux, sound
editing, screen reader questions, development, etc and all are really ot
for this list but would be good for a general tech list.