Agreed, and I think it's a very good decision to move to a more
universal language so to speak.  <smile>  and that's not because I'm
on a Mac!  lol!

   the idea of reusable code is a very important feature of OOP
languages in general, so it's not only not cheating, but also accepted
practice...

Have an awesome day!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On Jan 27, 2008, at 8:19 AM, John Bannick wrote:

> Charles,
>
> It's not really cheating.
>
> In fact, reusable code is the Holy Grail of commercial programming.
>
> When I finished the first version of our stuff, my late wife asked
> me, "How
> much of it is reusable?"
>
> I responded, "None of it."
>
> She opined, "Then you've failed."
>
> So I rewrote it. And am grateful for the prod, because our company
> lives on
> top of that reusable architecture.
>
> Thomas is right. Rewriting all of his C# and .NET common code will
> be a lot
> of work.
>
> However, generally a rewrite results in improved code because you
> get a
> chance to fix things that have bugged you forever.
>
> John Bannick
> CTO
> 7-128 Software

> .
> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of
> the list,

View my Online Portfolio at:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn