Hello list,
There has been a lot of off topic messages on list of late, and I think
I need to make a couple of things clear.
First, when a moderator requests that a topic is closed, and you reply
to the moderators request saying something like, "Sorry, I didn't see
your message," makes the message still off topic. If you need to
apologize to a moderator you should direct your post to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
rather than to the entire list.
Second, if you send a message to the list with off topic, ot, etc in the
subject line and you know it is to be off topic it is telling the
moderators you do not care about the guide lines and you need to be
moderated until you can prove you are following the list guide lines.
Third, If you don't know if something is off topic or not you always
should ask a moderator for his opinion at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
rather than just sending out a message like, "this maybe off topic but..."
Finally, I've noticed some gamers attempting to mix off topic content
with on topic content such as our recent thread about games and avg. If
you post an off topic message hidden behind an on topic post that still
makes the content of the message off topic. A moderator will warn the
list that such a thread is off topic, and anyone continuing to post on
the closed thread can and may be moderated.

Thanks.