From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Damien Sadler
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2008 8:27 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Acefire price

OK. Let's get one thing straight here. Forget about the prices for a sec,
forget even Acefire. Let's talk X-Sight in general.
Right. What about Acefire preorders? Everybody messes up! I was being
bombarded with comments, advice and suggestions. Confusions is one of the
worst things to have to deal with as a beginner developer. As for
LightTech's free games, that's their decision to make it free, just like
it's my decision to charge for Acefire.
If you saw just how much testing this thing has been through, how much money
I've spent on it, how stressed out I got, not only from this but from all
other activity in my life, people nagging and pressurising me not just for
new features, this and that, but for personal issues as well, if I wasn't on
such a limited budget, if this didn't have to come out of my own money, for
your information, I could be thrown out of college because of my outside
activities. Not that it probably matters to you all who buy and play or use,
but to a developer, it's a lot of hard work. That code is 667kb in size,
21512 lines, and in my honest opinion I feel that your message was rather
rude on the subject of mistakes, messups and high prices.
I'm sorry Cory, but I think you need to sit down and try and develop a game
or piece of software and tell me then what it feels like as a first-timer.
All I can say is, for what Acefire is right now, and for what Dectalk
Scripter and Talking Timepiece will be in the future, I've bent over
backwards to add features that people are constantly requesting, and I said
that there's more to come in 2.0. I've got about forty different projects
I'm attempting to work on at once. When I'm working on Acefire, I've got
somebody contacting me about Danger City. When I work on Chopper Challenge,
I get someone contact me about Acefire. When I finally get to work on Danger
City, someone else will come along and ask about Dectalk Scripter.
No program is ever fully completed as we all know. Programs and games are
constantly getting updated, and I've developed for free for so long now,
buying custom made libraries, off-the-shelf libraries, sounds, music, and am
sick of getting nothing back for it. That's how devs get broke. I can't even
live, because I'm constantly working for X-Sight. I'm constantly roaming the
country staying at friend's house and eating their food.
I won't mention any names, but there's three people in particular who
encouraged me to sell this game, one of them himself being a developer. Now
I get a price/game release rebellion. I was told and advised to knock the
price down. I knocked the price down, making the pay very low for me.
If you'd rather I finished it there, developed for myself instead, I could
easily flush the whole lot down the toilet, take down the whole site, and
easily spend as much money as I've spent on X-Sight over the past two years
on a decent Yamaha Tyros II keyboard while still being able to buy my own
food and arrange to move over to the states to live and spend time with my
girlfriend.
I'm sorry if this message appears harsh, but I feel you ought to know the
long and short of it.
Thanks.
Regards,
Damien