tom,

I've been looking at this thread silently.  All I can say is that
I am totally with you on this "as Guys, I think this whole
community should be collectively ashamed of itself.  To draw an
analogy: I'm writing a book right now.  That book is something
I'm going to be invested in for the long term because I WANT TO
WRITE IT.  But I haven't told very many people about it or set
myself a deadline yet because I don't want to be burned out by
stress.  Now, programming a game I would imagine is exponentially
more difficult.  I just can't believe you guys are so
relentlessly hounding him on this.  Yes, those opposing his
original decision made clear, grammatical arguments and there is
something to be said for that.  But really, I feel pretty bad
myself not even having said anything or paid for the game.
Personally Tom, I like side-crollers; 3-D has never been my
forte.  But hot darn, I was pretty excited about your original
decision.  But now, it looks like we may never get to see that.

You are perhaps the most open honest game developer I've ever
seen.  I don't think your original decision marred your integrity
one bit.  If I had paid for the game, I would've been completely
over on your side.  I might buy the side-croller when and if it
comes out, when and if I can scrape up some cash.  I just have to
tell you my friend, keep doing what you love.  Because you do it
well.

Kelby

Doomed Dragon

It is quite easy for me to think of a God of love mainly because
I grew up in a family where love was central and where lovely
relationships were ever present.  It is quite easy for me to
think of the universe as basically friendly mainly because of my
uplifting hereditary and environmental circumstances.  It is
quite easy for me to lean more toward optimism than pessimism
about human nature mainly because of my childhood experiences.
It is impossible to get at the roots of one's religious attitudes
without taking in account the psychological and historical
factors that play upon the individual.
  --Martin Luther King, Jr.
  If the people who started wars didn't make them sacred, who
would be foolish enough to fight?

--Rhett Butler

side-scrollers.

>Good for you Thomas.  And good luck.
side-scrollers.

>> Hello everyone,
>> First, I would like to clear up a couple of matters I said under
>> emotional distress in some prier emails.  In a previous email to
the list
>> I had mentioned I might leave the list and stop producing games.
In
>> truth I really like making games most of the time, but the
stress over
>> Montezuma's Revenge and Raceway are beginning to get to me
emotionally,
>> physically, and effecting my  family life in a major way.  As a
result
>> until these titles are completed I am likely to withdraw from
lots of on
>> list activities and discussions.  I really do not need people
challenging
>> my credibility, integrity, and respect over something as foolish
is
>> weather to make the game a 3D adventure or a classic 2D
side-scroller.
>> That is just being very one-sided in my opinion.
>> Second, as for the 3D Tomb Hunter games it is something I am
very
>> excited about creating, and someday when these two James North
titles
>> are behind us I will be able to take them up again without
retribution.
>> At the moment I can not proceed with USA Games real goals until
i dig
>> myself out of the hole James North and his games barried me in.
>> Third, as for the side-scroller promised to you by James North
>> unfortunately as per my agreement to the copyright holders I can
not,
>> will not, make a clone of Montezuma's Revenge.  I will however
create a
>> treasure hunting side-scroller with some similar elements for
you, to
>> settle up my accounts with you guys, and you will have
absolutely no say
>> so in its storry, creation, or be able to make comments on it.
I will do
>> it my way or not at all.
>> Frankly, I am sick and tired of being pulled in two different
directions
>> about this game.  There is those that think like me that the
game should
>> be updated to be more like games of today.  There is the Atari
fan croud
>> that want the game to be exactly along the Atari 2600 style
games with
>> total authenticity.  Obviously, it is impossible to please both
so I am
>> not even going to try.
>> What I will do for you side-scroller fans is create a
side-scroller, my
>> way, with my ideas, and if you don't like it tough luck.  The
only way I
>> will commit to going back and creating that game again from
scratch is
>> if I have total creativity and say so in how it is made and how
it
>> works.  You see, if it isn't enjoyable to me I don't make it.
It is that
>> simple.
>> Forth, before anyone asks about a time frame all I will commit
to is it
>> is ready when it is ready weather it takes 6 months, 1 year, or
two.
>> Last time I burned myself out trying to meet deadlines and get
the game
>> done as fast as humanly possible.  No longer.  From this time
forward I
>> will put the game on a set schedule.  The minute my timer goes
off for
>> the day I quit, walk the dog, eat supper, play with my kids,
watch tv,
>> etc and will forget about the game work for the day.  No more of
this
>> staying up an extra hour or two at night to get in a few extra
things
>> done or whatever.
>> I've already started at looking at new ideas for the game and it
is for
>> all intents and purposes going to be a totally different
side-scroller.
>> Over the passed couple of hours I have began researching a
possible plot
>> and there are a couple I am thinking of.  One of the more
interesting
>> plot lines would place Angela in Egypt looking for some famous
Egyption
>> artifact or scroll.  One reason I am thinking of Egypt is I have
a lot of
>> Egyptian background since I am a amature historian, and have
always been
>> facenated by the pyramids and underground toombs in the Valley
Of the
>> Kings.
>> Another reason is Egypt has always made for some cool treasure
hunting
>> adventures.  Mummies, skeleton warriors, rattle snakes, and
crocodiles,
>> make some fearsome foes.  So perhaps I might start there.

>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management
of the
>> list,
>> please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>---
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of
the list,
>please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! --
http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---