Hi thomas et al;

   I thought I'd just take this opportunity, since the matter of
coding ease has come up lately, with people not understanding code and
feeling it's too complex or such, to send along the simplest of java
Hello World apps to go with the more complex window-based app.

   The below code will also print Hello World!  to the screen, but in
a terminal or command line environment, rather than in a window.

// Define the class
public class Hello
{
// main routine for running the program
public static void main(String[] args)
{
// do the actual printing
System.out.println("Hello World!");
} // end main
} // end class

   So that's all there is to it!…  If you wanted to, you could even
put all this on one line of code, as in:

public class Hello{public static void main(String[] args)
{System.out.println("Hello World!");}}

   But the previous way above is much, much better and easier to
read.  Of course, you may, as I do, prefer the window approach, but
this is a very basic and easy way of doing this kind of app.

HOpe this makes sense and hope you all are having a wonderful day!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

.

View my Online Portfolio at: