Thomas,

Your article is great!
I'm printing it out right now so it doesn't get lost somewhere in
electronic land.

Your summaries of the various APIs are especially useful to a developer.
Your speech results are especially timely as I'm currently looking into how
to make our own speech better.

For a coding language, I'm going to stay with Java for our stuff because:

1. It's much easier that C++. I shifted from C++ to Java precisely because
the time it takes to code and maintain apps is the single most important
factor in actually getting something out.

2. Our small company specializes in simpler games which don't use the more
sophisticated input devices such as joysticks, wheels, force feedback, etc.

3. We already have a large body of Java code that lets us build stuff
really fast and reliably.

However, you do make a compelling argument for C++.

And I certainly agree that your results suggest it is the right choice for
a lot of independent game developers and game development companies.

Thanks for sharing the results of what must have been a whole lot of hard work.

John Bannick
CTO
7-128 Software