Hi Nicol,
As for the name of the new side-scroller its oficial name is Mysteries
of the Ancients. The private testers and I decided this would be the
best title for the new side-scroller, and I have no plans of renaming
the project at this point. I am personally quite satisfied with the new
title.
As for why I wouldn't give it a title like Tomizunta's Revenge it
wouldn't be historically correct. I have never heard of a Myan, Aztec,
or Incan ruler named Tomizunta. There was, however, an Aztec ruler named
Montezuma, actually Moctezuma if spelled correctly, who ruled the Aztec
Empire during the 1520 Spanish conquest of Northern Mexico.
As for converting the potions to amulets there is three reasons I
wouldn't do this in the new side-scroller. First, the original
Montezuma's Revenge used amulets to give Panama Joe invincibility
against monsters for a few seconds, and using them in this game would be
too much like the original. Second, I have completely rewritten the
story line for the game, and the amulets would not really fit the new
story line very well. Third, I don't have any sound effects here I could
use for the magic amulets.
As for the potions themselves you will probably be seeing more of them
in this new game since Angela Carter is searching for a mythical item
roomered to be located in Mezoamerica. It would only make sense in this
case that the ancient Mayans that ruled that part of Mezoamerica would
create healing potions from it, and put them in their temples. So you
will just have to wait and see.
Cheers.