Hi,
That is correct. For the passed year of updates all of the changes have
been specifically geared toward the XNA libraries such as XAudio, XAct,
XInput, etc. DirectSound, DirectPlay, DirectMusic, and many other of the
triditional DirectX libs have ended their development cycles, and are
now on the list of depricated libraries. They are only currently
provided as legacy support for older DirectX applications and games that
haven't either updated to XNA or the new version of DirectX which uses
the c++ runtime libraries of the XNA Framework.
In fact, any release after DirectX August 2007 have only had changes in
the XNA libraries included with DirectX while DirectSound, DirectInput,
DirectPlay, etc remain static and unupdated. Cheers.

shaun everiss wrote:
> thanks tom, on that note I just got updated directx 9 august.
> They updated xact and other xna things as well as d3d.
> they seem to leave the rest alone though.

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]