It is no longer required to use eva for text chatting which is basically
what Max the dog does.  Once you get on, either Louis, or someone will
be there and can give you the script for max the dog.  After this, there
is an installation package which will install an executable on your
machine that will interface with sapi.  I can't remember the url but if
you add me on skype I can get it to you.  Once you are logged in, start
this max program.  Your default sapi voice will prompt you for your
name, type the name which youregestered with in SL.  Press enter and it
will say "Your name is logged in" after this in the client type /2 speak
on and press enter.  At this point you won't here it say that it is
enabled but hopefully we can fix this at some point.  However, it should
start reading you messages people send to you.  Hope this helps,

Mike

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]