Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2008 5:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Sad gaming news

Hi Lindsay,
That's correct. A lot of us found that out the hard way. As I understand
it Windows Vista has drastic changes in vidio support, and these changes
in vidio support breaks compatibility with some older games such as FS 2002.
I'm not surprised because as a software developer myself I have seen
lots of development changes between XP and Vista. Many
older technologies are being removed and many other newer technologies
are slowly being incorperated. For example, Microsoft's decision to
begin removing DirectInput, DirectSound, DirectPlay, etc and replace
them with XAudio, XInput, etc.
So FS 2002 won't be the first nor the last program you might have that
fails to work properly on Vista and the up coming Windows 7. Personally
I think Microsoft is making too many changes too fast resulting in third
party software developers to play catch up and update all of their
software at once to target the newer Windows platforms.