Hi Dark,

Thanks for your comments. I think that Entombed may well do the trick, once he's finished with it. In the meantime I'll give Sryth a try. And I'll remember to put DarkEmpahy in the box when I see it.

--Bill

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 3:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Self-Voicing Nethack

I've tried Nethack with Hal, but run into severe troubles with the Asqi
graphics, ---- though maybe a braille display will do the trick.

it's not precisely Nethack, but the recent post by Jason on this list (I
believe the subject was accessible rpg game), stated that he's working on a
self-voicing rpg with a random dungeon layout and other features, which
might well foot the bill.

You can find the long thread about his game and it's developement on the
audio games.net forum at:

http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=2044

Also, It's not Nethack, but I was wondering if you've tried the online rpg
Sryth. lots of exploration, not all about stats and pvp (it's actually
single player apart from the rankings), and some interesting dungeon maps.
Everything's done in text descriptions similarly to a fighting fantasy or
other gamebook, ---- accept the world is much larger, with many more
monsters and quests and such, and a much more complex skill system.

there are several players on the list, and I can deffinately recommend it
(though I've not played myself for a while). you can find it at
http://www.sryth.com/

And if you wouldn't mind writing the name darkempathy in the referral
box, ---- I'd be very much obliged ;D, ---- assuming you like the game of
course.

Hth.

Beware the Grue!