Just something random which has occurred to me.

As I've been reinstalling all my audiogames on my desktop, many of which i
haven't played for a while, I've had to reread the documentation again, often
just to refresh my mind about a couple of things.

It's really great that some games have the ability to read or check
documentation, either by a short audio menue of keystrokes, or the ability to
just display docs on screen, so that I can flick Hal's voice and keys back on
and read through them.

I know people usually completely unload jaws before playing games, but I assume
it's relatively symple to flick the program on or off depending upon what you
want to read in the game? in which case, it'd be great if this feature was more
possible in games, ---- particularly complex games which rely heavily on in
many keystrokes, or on a textual description of a complex environmnet.

I'm thinking particularly here of some of the Draconis games, ----- the pinball
ones in particular, sinse you really do need to read the table descriptions
before playing each table.

of course the ideal would be to have the explanations of environmnet done some
how in game, to preserve atmosphere, but often this isn't always possible.

hmmm, maybe I'll think about an artical for audeasy on this.

So, what do people think?

Beware the Grue!