To: <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 2:18 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Reading instructions in game?

Just something random which has occurred to me.

As I've been reinstalling all my audiogames on my desktop, many of which i haven't played for a while, I've had to reread the documentation again, often just to refresh my mind about a couple of things.

It's really great that some games have the ability to read or check documentation, either by a short audio menue of keystrokes, or the ability to just display docs on screen, so that I can flick Hal's voice and keys back on and read through them.

I know people usually completely unload jaws before playing games, but I assume it's relatively symple to flick the program on or off depending upon what you want to read in the game? in which case, it'd be great if this feature was more possible in games, ---- particularly complex games which rely heavily on in many keystrokes, or on a textual description of a complex environmnet.

I'm thinking particularly here of some of the Draconis games, ----- the pinball ones in particular, sinse you really do need to read the table descriptions before playing each table.

of course the ideal would be to have the explanations of environmnet done some how in game, to preserve atmosphere, but often this isn't always possible.

hmmm, maybe I'll think about an artical for audeasy on this.

So, what do people think?

Beware the Grue!

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]