Hello Jason,
I think this is a fantastic idea. Though, at the moment the majority
of accessible games seam to fall into two major catagories. the first
is board and card games. The second is classic arcade. There is a
third catagory of FPS games like Sarah, Shades of Doom, and Monkey
Business that is starting to get more interest.
Now, by top five Christmas games I am assuming these would exclude any
and all free games. That drastically shrinks the game pool a lot. For
example, Jim Kitchen's  games are all free, but nice little time
waisters. The Games for the Blind has some similar games like
Battleship, Yatzi, etc but they are not free. As a result you would
end up with a very scued comparison between Jim's games and Games For
the Blind's projects. Most of us like Jim's games because they are
free, and they use Sapi 5 directly. That isn't saying Games For the
Blind's Yatzi is any better or worse than Jim's version, but everyone
I know has a preference for Jim Kitchen's version. So if you excluded
Jim's games based on price then someone like Games For The Blind would
automatically get ranked higher then it normally would get if it was
polled side by side with Jim Kitchen's versions of the same games.
I'm saying all of this to say that polling for the top five Christmas
games isn't as easy as you think. We are a very small community of
developers and as a result there is a lot of issues to figure out
before running a poll. GMA Games makes games like Shades of Doom,
Lonewolf, and GMA Tank Commander, which are certainly among the higher
end of accessible gaming. They are liked for their replay value and
realism. Unfortunately, until my own Genesis engine is completed there
really isn't anything else to compare them to. Lonewolf and Tank
Commander are a one of a kind games. I wouldn't consider trying to
compare them to Super Liam, Troopenum, etc because it comes down to
comparing apples and oranges. You might get away with comparing Sarah
with Shades of Doom which is alright since they are both FPS titles,
but different genres.
You run into a similar issue with say side-scrollers. Right now
officially there are only two or three. I think they are Hunter,
Tarzan JR., and Super Liam. Hunter and Super Liam are both commercial,
but Tarzan has gone freeware. I am also currently developing a
side-scroller called Mysteries of the Ancients, but it won't b ready
for the Christmas season.

Sincerely:
Thomas Ward
President of USA Games Interactive