Here's the steps on how I got Eamon Deluxe to work oon Windows Vista. This
is "method 2" of 3 from the article:
"Workaround to This System Does Not Support Full Screen Mode in Windows
Find the full article at:
My own findings will follow:
*Text from article starts here*
"The following steps guide you on how to install the Standard VGA Graphics
Adapter in Vista.
1. Right-click on the Windows desktop and then choose Personalize from the
pop up contextual menu.
2. Click on Display Settings link from the Personalization dialog window.
3. On the Monitor tab of Display Settings window, click on Advanced
4. If you're not already on the Adapter tab, click on Adapter tab to
activate it. Then click on the
Properties button under the Adapter Type section. Allow UAC permission
Properties of Video Adapter
5. On the Display Adapter Properties window, click on Driver tab.
6. Click on Update Driver. button. Then select "Browse My Computer for
Driver Software" option.
Browse for Vista driver
7. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
Pick from a list of device drivers
8. Select and highlight Standard VGA Graphics Adapter from the list when
prompted to select a
device driver you want to install for this hardware, then click on Next.
Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
9. Windows Vista will install the new standard VGA video driver to replace
the original driver for
your graphics accelerator. If your monitor goes blank (no signal), wait five
minutes, then power
down your computer and restart it normally. If your monitor does not go
blank, wait while the
driver is installed.
10. Click on Close or OK button on all dialog boxes repetitively until you're
back to the desktop
or your computer restarted.
11. Restart your computer if you're not prompted and have not already done
Once computer rebooted, you should be able to open programs or command
prompt shell in full screen
window. You may need to set the resolution again, as everything related to
display settings is
likely to be reset.
If you want to reverse this procedure and install back the video display
driver, follow the same instructions again, but choose the option to let
install the appropriate software for your system instead of browsing your
computer for driver
software. If you unable to do so by clicking on Properties button on Adapter
tab, go to Device
Manager and directly select Update Driver Software on right click context
*text from article ends here*
Once I started my vista machine, It "beeped" at me! No worries however...
Just power off your machine, then press enter "twice," and you'll get back
to your Windows Environment.
I'll be sending this info off to the developer of Eamon Deluxe, and will
also be adding this info to the "Eamon V I P" web site (still in beta,) and
will be working on that for most of the day.
Take care all!
Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]