Hello,
I thought I'd jump right in and start my posting career here by discussing an
accessible trucking simulation that I found.  It's much like Jim Kitchen's
trucking sim, Trucker, except it is online and multiplayer in nature.  It can
be found at http://www.trukz.com.  The object is to deliver different cargos to
the cities that demand it on time.  As you deliver your cargo in a timely
manner without getting tickets or falling asleep at the wheel, your driver
rating (DR) increases, allowing you to haul other cargo types (hazardous waste
at 40 and nuclear waste at 50) and buy various endorsements to haul a larger
load and make even more money.  There are many different cargo types to choose
from, examples being fruit, vegetables, groceries, and appliances.  As you
accumulate money, you are able to upgrade your truck and buy goodies such as
new tires, extra fuel tanks, and radar detectors, which will enhance your
gaming experience.  I will cover some of the basics of this game, including
registration and features.

Registration: When you start out, you will fill ut a form with your driver name
(equivalent to a username) and choose the continent where you would like to
start.  Currently, you can start in Australia, Europe, or North America.  North
America, by far, has the most companies (explained later), Europe's fuel prices
are more expensive but there are many shorter routes (good to start with at the
beginning), and Australia just got released a little less than a month ago and
people seem to think it has the best contract routes.  The site does require
you to enter a Captcha but this is also available in audio form (and the voice
is quite clear without any background noise or distortion.)  Also, Firefox's
Web Visim application can pick up this Captcha if you have difficulties with
it.

Starting Out: When you first start out, you are given $5,500.  Depending on the
continent you start out, you will have different trucks you can choose from.
Of course, they won't be very good and are known as beaters.  If you're lucky,
you may find one that goes at around 53mph.  The best thing to do here is to
either join a company that offers the truck discount or take out a $1,000 loan
at the bank (click on banking, then on request loan) and buy the 1989 Volvo.

Depending on the time of day you join, you will inevitably be flooded with
messages in your inbox to join up with a company.  A company can best be
described as a group of drivers working together.  Advantages to companies may
include 10% truck, item, fuel, and repair discounts, the abilitiy to run
contracts, and at least one terminal that allows you to refuel and repair at a
25% discount without the expenditure of fatigue points (FP).  These great
benefits don't come free, however, as the company will take a collection from
your driver's earnings.  The lowest possible collection is 1%.  If you decide
to join a company, there are two camps of drivers: those that like small
companies and those that prefer large ones.  Small companies provide more
one-on-one attention, mentorship, and camaraderie.  My favorite small company
is by far Everybody's Trucking Company, which is run by 2 old-timers in the
game.  They will take 1% collection and provide 20% repairs and fuel
assistance, which I haven't yet found anywhere.  This will last until you reach
a driver rating of 10, when you will be able to get your first driver
endorsement.  Large companies can provide you with the ability to make more
money on contract runs.  Contract runs are specific requests by cities to haul
a set amount of cargo to them within a week.  It pays a base rate of $0.99 to
$2 per mile and can earn you quite a sum.  They can only be run by companies
with at least 25 active drivers, however.  The best large company I have found
is Bulldog Trucking with around 60 drivers, lots of contract runs, and 4%
collection with 50% repairs/20% fuel assistance.

As far as the game goes, once you've purchased your truck, you'll need to
select a route.  The best way to do this is using the combo box because the map
(as far as I know), isn't accessible to the blind.  You can see the cargo types
and city stats by going to the Game Statistics area.

Tips: Try to keep your routes to under 1,000 miles for now.  Once you've
selected a city, select a cargo type.  Never haul general merchandise.  Even if
the cargo your city provides isn't demanded in a neighboring city, it will pay
you more than hauling general merchandise.  Once you've selected your route,
you can click on next leg to drive for one game hour.  For each game hour you
drive, you will gain one FP.  Don't ever drive above 10 or you risk falling
asleep at the wheel/getting a ticket for running above your hours of service
(HOS).  You can repair and refuel above 10 FP though without penalty.  For each
game leg you drive, you will need one real-world hur to recover the lost point.
 You can either go do something or chat on the CB ($300 game money).  These are
the very basics.  If you decide to try it out, I hope you enjoy your
experience!
Tiffany
please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]