Hello all,
I am not 100% sure how I fixed my problem with WinFrotz?
I did re-install the program, and I started using smaller names for the save files.
Perhaps I used an illegal character in the name?  I'll never know.
I did a game save in Planetfall and I called it:
Planet_Elevator,
and the saved file name was
Planet_Elevator_%286BAD33%_.sav
I was able to load this game back in with the restore command.
So I may just go get major carpal tunnel syndrome playing all these Infocom games from now to doomsday.
thank you to all who offered suggestion on how to fix my problem.
The emulator is working fine now and I am totally happy.
Robert