Not sure how many people this will interest, but this morning I sent an email to the iron realms team asking about alternate versions of the games with a focus more on exploration, questing and grinding rather than on roleplay, pvp and politics. Here's the response I got.

Response here:

That is actually a good idea and something I have considered,
something with very relaxed rules for PK, gaining 'class', and role
play. However, we currently have two games in production. Perhaps
after those two are released we will look into doing something like
this.

Thanks for the email.

- Jeremy

Looks promising, in my opinion at least. I've always wanted to get deeper into the iron realms stuff without having to worry about the roleplay side of things.