Yes, wii does. The music or sound could be a loop or short depending on
individual games. For mortal kombat armageddon is a simple 2 fierce notes.

Steady Goh
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Clement Chou
  To: Gamers Discussion list
  Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 1:42 AM
  Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Good news: how to make the WII a
wholelotmoreaccessible

  Not sure if the wii or xbox360 have this, but I know for sure the ps3 does.
  For most games there's a little thing called the XMB media bar and when you
  highlight the game disc, it plays a 10-15 second video of the game, complete
  with music, so we know exactly what game it is. As an example, if I was to
  highlight the game disc for heavenly sword in the ps3, it would play a
  heavy, movie-style orchestral track as opposed to the video acompanied by
  applause and cheering from a crowd with the rock band and rock band 2 discs.