Ken,

With all due respect to my colleagues, Java rocks!

It's an easy language to learn and to code in.

I believe that Eclipse is blind-accessible. Certainly IBM (which begat
Eclipse and still has a major hand in it) is blind-accessibility
supportive.

I've had no problems with sound using Java.

We play WAV files and MIDI files, as well as using the FreeTTS speech
synthisizer.

We've had no problems with sound on either Windows systems or the Mac.
Don't know about Linux, but don't see why the Java sound APIs would be a
problem there.

I have the highest respect for the technical assessments of Thomas, Che,
Ryan, et al. But Java works fine for me.

That being said, you might get more technical support from them and other
Audyssey folks if you use their languages.

Good luck in any case,

John Bannick
www.7128.com