To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 1:39 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] VIP scripting and roundtime for the beginner

Hi there:

I am currently playing a mud called Unwritten Legends (I will gladly pimp
this mud in another thread), and I would like to make some scripts and
macros that would help me with things such as foraging, combat, preparation
for magic spells, etc.

I will admit that I have very very rudimentary knowledge in all things
scripting, so if someone might be willing to help me with a few queries and
frustrations so that I cna get on the right track, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Firstly, there is roundtime associated with various skills. So if I thrust
my dagger at an opponent, a message that says 'roundtime: 3 seconds' will
come up. I have three seconds until I can perform another in-game action.

When I have finishd killing an opponent, I'd like to be able to skin the
corpse, put the skin in my pack, and search the corpse. There is, however,
a roundtime associated for those things as well.  Roundtime is a great
thing, but with my very limited trigger-making skillls, I am uncertain of
how to begin making triggers that I can use without the next command getting
tripped up by left over round time.

There are other questions that I have, and I'd like to delve in to making
some sound triggers for this game. Not too many, just a few that might be
beneficial.

I'd appreciate any assistance that you could provide.

Happy gaming.

Jal