We're in an underground game, right? So there's going to be darkness. Everywhere. Heh heh heh. I wonder how well a sighted person could play this game if they would take the time and quit trying to use their eyes to do it? In this game, they can see as well as we can.

---
If guns cause crime, pencils cause misspelled words.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Torches

Hi everyone,
Let's get something straight before this question comes up again, and
again, and again. Mysteries of the Ancients is not, repete, is not like
Montezuma's Revenge were some rooms are light and some are dark.
Practically 99% of the time the room is going to be dark unless there is
a burning torch in it, or there is a fire burning in that room. If those
two exceptions are not met then use a torch. Do not worry about saving
torches in the beginner levels as there will be plenty of them laying
around to find, pick up and use. Later levels, more difficult ones, you
might want to start saving light. However, for the purposes of the first
5 levels or so don't worry yourself over when should I use a torch you
will figure out when is a good time as you get more into this game.
Smile.