guys. Tom has got to have a pay pal account. Tom, you give me a link to one, I asure you you'll get about 20 bucks from me! Come on guys. Let's help M' out ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 10:11 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] MOTA and Vista 64 eddition

Hello everyone,
I've spent the passed couple of days trying to track down why Mysteries of the Ancients is crashing on systems running Windows Vista 64 eddition. I've got some good news and bad news on that issue. I'll start with the good news. The good news is thanks to some help from Che Martain and some extensive reading I found out why the game is crashing. Apparently the DirectX libraries were compiled using x86 as the target platform. What I didn't know is that when linking to these libraries it is a good idea to also compile my games using x86 as the target platform rather than using the generic any cpu target platform option. The reason is when installing Managed DirectX on Vista 64 it requires the 32 byt version of the .NET Framework, but because Mysteries of the Ancients was compiled using the any cpu target platform it was using the 64 byt .NET Framework. End result is a big crash. That's the good news. The bad news is I am currently using Visual Studio .NET Express 2008. The problem I am facing now is that Visual Studio Express will not allow me to change the target platform type of my applications. That feature is only available in Visual Studio Pro. Which means unless I get roughly $200 to upgrade Visual Studio to the Pro eddition I can not support Windows Vista 64 eddition at this time. I'm sorry, but until I can afford to upgrade I can only support the 32 byt versions of Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com