Hi,
It takes a while for the enemy tanks to show up. That's why I say go up the road a ways drop your mines, and then double back to the forest. That way if they try to hit you from behind there will be a lot less of them to deal with. As for the attacks there is a mobile artillery out in the marsh that fires on your bridges. You can't kill the artillery, but you can beat the attacks off with your intercepters.

important wrote:
I don't think I give up early, I have crossed the bridge, traveled up the northern road and returned back across the bridge, killed 20 enemies and haven't seen the 12 enemy tanks come across either bridge yet! after waiting and killing everything I can some mysterie bomb killed 2 of my tanks out of no where, I'm down to 1 tank with no sign of any enemy