Hi Shaun,
If you are talking about the new x3d math library that ships with DirectX (March 2009) it is a very handy library for C++ game developers. It handles all kinds of 3d calculations with a special emphasis on 3d graphics of course. The x3d audio component, X3DAudio, has been around for the last two or three releases, but that has very good 3d audio supportwhich again a C++ game developer can use. Obviously, sooner or later these components will be integrated into the XNA Framework for .NET game developers. One other update to the March 2009 release is Microsoft has finally replaced DirectDraw with a new component called Direct2D. It works similar to Direct3D, but is designed for games' that use 2d graphics.
HTH

shaun everiss wrote:
Hi.
just got the directx march 09 update.
In it was a new componant called x3d, I get that its probably an componant for
xna but is it 3d graphics or audio or both.
I never have seen it before so I assume its new.
if this is so is this tech we can use or not.