Technobabble:
Some libraries super liam uses are dx8vb.dll (the directx 8 vb
runtime) and another ActiveX control used for sending scores (either
wininet.ocx or msinet.ocx). If the installer isn't setting them up
propperly you should transfer them from another machine with them
installed by finding them in windows\system32 and. Place them in the
same folder on your vista machine (windows\system32) and run regsvr32
on them like so:
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\dx8vb.dll
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\msinet.ocx
You probably need to be admin to do this, or respond to a UAC prompt.
I run Liam ' free games under Windows 7. I installed Shades of Doom
and stopped getting errors afterwards. Unfortunately I can't run them
from the desktop shortcuts as I get a "could not load
sounds/soandso.ogg. the error code was 6. Fix it now!" error; I have
to manually navigate to the folder I installed them to and run the
executable.

James