I too, would love ot see a zelda or final fantasy like game. But know that it probably won't happen. So many resources have to go into that style of game. Story lines, getting all the plot together, acting as well since you would have much or interaction and talking with the characters. It would become expensive. I dream though of seeing it. lol and you know, a castlevania style game would be pretty awesome.
Kellie and my lovable Lady J.
Resident Adviser, Guide Dogs for the Blind Oregon campus
www.guidedogs.com
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 9:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] making old video games audio games

All great ideas, but they would have to tread extremely carefully in order to avoid the sort of legal trouble THomas Ward almost had with some of his projects. I agree with the idea of a Frogger game. As for Zelda and Final Fantasy, I have a feeling both are beyond the scope of what most audio game makers are able or willing to try. THe closest thing we have to that is Entombed from Blind-Games.com, and that's still very much in its early stages. The closest thing we have to Mario Brothers was developed by Dragon Slayer Games, and I must say it's not worth the time to play it, mainly due to some technical issues and some extremely odd controls. Personally I'd like to see an audio Castlevania style game. Maybe it might be time for me to check out some of those programming resources Thomas Ward mentioned a while back...
You have acquired the skill of Weaponry Theremin.
Your current level of mastery is 10 Apprentice.