I wonder if we could ask iyp devs if it would be possible to control failures via voice as the dialog isn't accessible. if you ask me I love this feeling I may crash any second instead of doing smooth saling something like my right engine could be on fire and I'd have to land fast!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nick Helms" <nick.he...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 12:37 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] crashing fs2004?

As for emergency landings, you can conduct a diversion and a landing.
You just will not be able to simulate the emergency, E.G: window
blowing outYou would just   give IYP a new destination.
Example: Make the destination airport kelo, sierra, Juliet, charly.
Then to desend reasonably fast, wyou would set your vertical rate of
desent to something like 5,000, to come streeking out of the sky at
5,000 ft per minute.

hmmmm.
do you really want to crash, do you just want to hear the sound?
or do you actually want to crash and do it in the plane.
if the latter just throttle everything back on a take off and you will
crash.
if not, then there are ways to get to your sounds.
I don't think they are incripted at all and if things serve me right either
they are installed in your game directory or are in a cabinet that can be
extracted with winzip.
play the sounds and you will get all the crashes.
I have all the crashes, and missions and other fs things loaded on here.
In fs97 and later some of these just had the sfx on the cds.
No security has actually been put on this, or anything.
The only thing is that most users probably don't know they are so easy to
get to with winzip, no hacking is needed.
in fact if this was about doing that I would not have posted this on list.
Trust me though all it is is a lot of mettle and glass crunching on the
ground.
maybe explosions, your plane roles to a stop.