Hi Bryan,
Although, I no longer own either game I do remember them. In fact, I think they were among some of the games I rented way back when. As for Air Fortress I don't remember anything particularly special about it. It seamed to be a standard side-scroller with a guy walking around various air fortresses killing blue, red, and yellow alien looking guys, blowing up generators, going up or down various elevators, etc. I don't think that one would be all that dificult to turn into an accessible game if someone were inclined to. As for Gardian Legend that game rocked. It was like Legend of Zelda with a sci-fi type theme. Do to the fact it was heavily into the RPG elements it would be something of a pain in the butt to convert to audio. Though, i think it could be done. For one thing getting your hands on high quality sound effects for any kind of sci-fi game is relatively easy. Sounds for laser weapons, beeps for power chips, sliding doors, elevators, and that kind of thing is all over the internet. For certain areas like the jungle, ocean, and so on again no problem getting high quality background audio tracks. It has been like 20 years since I've played the game so my memory is fuzzy. However, I could look for a walkthrough on it and give a more accurate estimate then. I do know though the game was huge. Like Zelda there would be lots of areas and creatures to code.

Bryan Peterson wrote:
I was just going through my collection of old NES titles, which admittedly is
not particularly large, when I discovered a couple of old favorites. I was
wondering if anyone remembers the games Air Fortress and Guardian Legend. They
were of a similar style, which seemed to combine elements from arcade style
space shooters with action/RPG's like the Legend of Zelda series, though
Guardian Legend delved much more heavily into the latter genre. They were, as I
recall, quite involved games, which does unfortunately mean that they'd
probably be hard if not impossible to recreate with audio only, especially by
one person. But I was curious if anybody on here remembers or even owns them.
You have acquired the skill of Weaponry Theremin.
Your current level of mastery is 10 Apprentice.