Hello folks,

I stumbled on the Simutronics muds, and decided to check out the Gemstone IV mud. From what I have been able to gather, the front end clients they offer such as wizard and stormfront are not the most speech friendly programs out there. grin

I did find out that zmud has support for these games. I am currently using jaws 10 with zmud 7.21, and I must say that when using jaws with screen echo set to all, I find that zmud does a really good job at rebuffering the screen. Jaws doesn't seem to repeat lines, and it does appear to read all the new information that comes in. Of course, you have to use the jaws cursor to review the screen, and when a new line of text comes in the screen will scroll, making it sometimes dificult to keep on the same line. All that said, I am managing quite nicely with the beginning quests.

I was just wondering if any folks on this list have played the Simutronics games with zmud, specifically Gemstone IV, and may have some more tips they could share?

Before anyone asks, due to the nature of the login and authentication of simutronics games, you can't use other clients such as VIP Mud or Mushclient to play. At least this is my understanding.

Jeremy