Hi Ryan,
Good question. I'm trying to decide weather to release the bug fixes as a small miner patch or just to finish up a few things I am doing, and release the whole works as beta 9. Anyway, in either case the hand to hand combat will be in the next release.It is already coded into the game so regardless if I release a small patch or a full release it's in there.

Ryan Chou wrote:
will the patch also add the hand to hand system or will that be in the
beta 9 release