Now that, my friend, isn't a half bad idea. The question is if he's still got the source code for that. If not then he can't very well do it. But it might just salve the feelings of those few who are dead set on having a bland, Atari style side scroller, not that there's a thing wrong with that.
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.
To: <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:29 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] 80's games suggestion

Hi Tom.

Here's a rather crazy idea to salve the feelings of those who are desperate for an 80's game.

Go back to the last stable version of montizuma's return, ---- say beta 9, ---- I stil have this on my harddrive, ---- which is possibly illegal, but deleting good games is against my principles.

The game already has 6, highly playable 80's side scroller levels.

Re-reccord the name of the game to something generic, ---- Temple adventures, treasure quest, --- Montizuma's avengence, do a quick search and replace on the instructions to change the name of panama Jo to something else, ---- peruvian Jim?

Then offer it as an extra freeby to those who buy Mota.

They then get all of Mota, ---- which I hope will continue as a modern side scroller, pluss 6 levels of pure classic 80's!

Just a suggestion.

all the best,