Hi Philip,

The transition issue isn't something that affects actual playability,
but I'm getting pops between speech clips that are particularly
noticeable when speech files are playing on their own to announce
levels and points and the like.  The only thing I can liken it too is
that I've heard similar things occur when I've placed two sounds to
play one after the other in various audio sinarios if both have been
meticulously topped and tailed without any sort of crossfade between
them.  At a guess that's what's happening here, because it doesn't
seem to be netbook specific (it happens on a much higher spec laptop
with a different sound chipset that I also have activated Q9 on).

Not a biggy, but I hope that helps you identify whether the problem is
happening at your end too.

1.0.1 seems slightly snappier to me, but it's a marginal difference.
I haven't played through any further than the end of the Jungle world
on the netbook, but up until that point it seems playable here so long
as you don't have too many other tasks fighting it for resources.