To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 5:18 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Multiple headphone jacks and gaming?

Other than the fact that a passive splitter jack halves the signal
each set of headphones are being sent, which most likely wouldn't even
make a particularly noticeable difference unless you're using mega
good cans, there's nothing but fun to this idea.  I remember playing
Mortal Kombat 3 and some flavour of Quake over LAN when I was at a
college with a very liberal IT department hehe, but in actual coding
terms I should imagine playing over LAN isn't too much different then
playing over whatever protocol people choose to use to connect gamers
over the internet, except there'd probably be even more tech support
involved for the devs because LAN options are way easier to mess up.

Dark, were you thinking more along the lines of a 2 player setup where
each player has half the keyboard or if a game was turn-based?  So 2
people yes, but on one computer, as opposed to more traiditional LAN
or net play?

If so, it sounds like fun.
Actually even if not, it sounds like fun.

Scott