From: "Ryan Smith" <computerwi...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 3:58 PM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] My impressions of monopoly

Hi,
Thanks alot Zachary. Mike, Jayson and I each put in lots of code and
effort to make this alha a success. We are definitely working on
making the bots more "intelligent".
-Ryan
On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Zachary Kline <kline.zach...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,
I just wanted to share my overall impressions of the new monopoly game
released by RS Games.
I'm quite pleased, for the most part.  Keep in mind I've only been able
to play with bots thus far, so my impressions are thus curtailed
somewhat.
I like the bots a lot.  They're a little more realistic than only being
able to play with one opponent as in the Kitchensinc game.  However,
they seem a bit static.  I'd've liked to see them trading or a bit more
actively trying to get monopolies.  I do understand that coding a
reasonable trading algorithm might be complicated though.
The longest game I was able to play eventually got into a situation
where only one player had any monopoly at all.  It didn't do them very
much good, as everybody else kept landing on tiny properties with low
rents.  $16 or so isn't much to someone who has $2000+.
I'd've also liked to see auctions, as while I admit when playing the
board game I've not seen many, I feel they might add some strategic
possibilities.
So that's that.  Just my two cents.  An overall great job, Ryan.
Best and thanks,
Zack.