William I love this idea

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of William L. Houts
Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2009 12:19 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] A Gamer's Dream: Cyberpunk RPG

I posted this a little while ago but it never came through and other stuff
did, so here's a repost.

---

All of this talk about gaming genres has put me in mind of one which has
been left out completely.  God knows I love swords and sorcery and will be
the first on Jason's link to downloadEntombed, but one thing I'd really love
to see is some kind of futuristic  cyberpunk thing where the area explored
is a bustling metropolis.  Besides armor, guns and ammo of various kinds,
There would be replicants, genetic upgrades, cybernetic implants, scary
artificial intelligences  and the whole technological nightmare world dreamt
up by writers like William Gibson and Bruce Sterling.  I could even see this
as a roguelike, but it might be best implemented as an FPS.  Does anyone
share this dream with me?  Wouldn't it be cool to jack into a cyberspace
deck and rip off a major bank for thousands or millions of dollars?
Liberate enslaved replicants from labor colonies?  Shop for and buy exotic
tech?  Assassinate corporate heavies who are planning to turn your hometown
into a toxic waste site?  I could go on and on, LOL.

--Bill

----

"Do one thing for me, Sredni Vashtar!"